Info for US citizens travelling abroad

It’s recommended that US citizens register with the US consulate in whatever country they find themselves in, especially if they plan on living in that country. Another option is to go online and register your travel plans: .

This way, the state department can contact you should a travel advisory arise that may affect your travel plans. It is also a safety precaution: on the off-chance that whatever country you find yourself in has some sort of disaster, someone from our Government knows we exist and will, it is assumed, make some effort to ascertain our situation.

Blog Stats

  • 10,211 hits

As for me, I will take the road less travelled…